The International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services (IAFMHS) was established in 2000 as an international non-profit association, with headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The goals of the Association can be broadly defined as follows:
1. To enhance the standards of forensic mental health services in the international community
2. To promote an international dialogue about forensic mental health, in all its aspects, including violence and family violence
3. To promote education, training and research in forensic mental health
4. To inform professional communities and the public about current issues in forensic mental health
5. To promote and utilize advanced technologies in the pursuit of the above goals
6. To form informal and formal liaison with organizations having a similar purpose
A primary part of the Association's mandate is to hold an annual conference, providing an arena for information sharing on the latest research, program development, as well as legal, administrative, and ethical matters. As well, the Association publishes the International Journal of Forensic Mental Health.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Michael Doyle, Ph.D.
• Deputy Director of Nursing, Clinical Governance
and Safety and Honorary Senior Lecturer
• South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS
• University of Manchester, Institute of Brain
Behaviour and Mental Health
Stephen D. Hart, Ph.D.
• Department of Psychology, Simon Fraser
Anne Crocker, Ph.D.
• Director, Research & Academics,
Institut Philippe-Pinel de Montréal
• Department of Psychiatry, Université de Montréal
Robert A. Leark, Ph.D.
• Professor of Forensic Psychology
• Alliant International University
San Diego, USA
Kevin S. Douglas, LL.B., Ph.D.
• Professor and Associate Graduate Chair
• Department of Psychology, Simon
Adrian Cree, MBBS
• Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist/ Regional Clinical Director, Partnerships in Care
• Visiting Senior Lecturer, Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Science, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King's College London
Ed Hilterman, M.Sc.
•Director, Justa Mesura S.L.P Consultancy and Applied Research
• Senior Researcher, GGzE
Kaitlyn McLachlan, Ph.D.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University
• Psychologist, Forensic Psychiatry Program, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
Helen Walker, Ph.D.
• Consultant Nurse, Forensic Mental Health Managed Care Network
•Senior Lecturer, University of the West of Scotland
Ronald Roesch, Ph.D., Publications Liaison - IAFMHS
Simon Fraser University, Mental Health, Law & Policy Institute, Vancouver, Canada
Barry Rosenfeld, Ph.D., President-Elect
Professor of Psychology, Fordham University, New York, USA
Tonia Nicholls, Ph.D., Editor - International Journal of Forensic Mental Health
Associate Professor, Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Senior Research Fellow, Forensic Psychiatric Services Commission, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, PHSA, Vancouver Canada
Alicia Nijdam-Jones, M.A., Student Representative
Doctoral Candidate in Clinical Psychology, Fordham University, New York, USA
Ogunwale Adegboyega, FWACP, LL.M, Chair, African Interest (Nigeria)
Roger Almvik, Ph.D., Past Director (Norway)
Stål Bjørkly, Ph.D., Past Director (Norway)
Peter Braun, Ph.D., Chair, Long-Term Forensic Psychiatric Care (The Netherlands)
Johann Brink, MB ChB, BA Hons, FCPsych(SA) FRCPC, Member-At-Large (Canada)
Gary Chaimowitz, MB, ChB, MBA, FRCP(C), Past Director (Canada)
Gilles Côté, Ph.D., Past Director (Canada)
Keith Cruise, Ph.D., Past LOC Chair (USA)
Corine de Ruiter, Ph.D., Past Director (The Netherlands)
Vivienne de Vogel, Ph.D., Past Director (The Netherlands)
Beate Eusterschulte, Chair, Offenders with Intellectual Disabilities (Germany)
Laura Guy, Ph.D., Past Chair, RISC-Team (Canada)
Quazi Haque, Ph.D. Chair, Service Development, Organization, Strategy & Delivery (UK)
Mike Harris, Ph.D., Past Director (UK)
Mette Kreis, Ph.D., Representative Young Career Professional (UK)
Caroline Logan, Ph.D, Past Director (UK)
Brian McKenna, Ph.D., Member-At-Large (New Zealand)
Tonia Nicholls, Ph.D., Past Director (Canada)
Stephanie Penney, Ph.D., Chair, RISC-Team (Canada)
John Petrila, J.D., LL.M.,Past Director (USA)
Thierry Pham, Ph.D., Past Director (Belgium)
Sandy Simpson, Ph.D. Past Director (Canada)
Josanne Van Dongen, Ph.D., Member-At-Large (The Netherlands)
Helen Walker, Ph.D., Chair, Forensic Mental Health Nurses (UK)
Patty Zapf, Ph.D., Past Director (USA)