The International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services (IAFMHS) was established in 2000 as an international non-profit association, with headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The goals of the Association can be broadly defined as follows:
1. To enhance the standards of forensic mental health services in the international community
2. To promote an international dialogue about forensic mental health, in all its aspects, including violence and family violence
3. To promote education, training and research in forensic mental health
4. To inform professional communities and the public about current issues in forensic mental health
5. To promote and utilize advanced technologies in the pursuit of the above goals
6. To form informal and formal liaison with organizations having a similar purpose
A primary part of the Association's mandate is to hold an annual conference, providing an arena for information sharing on the latest research, program development, as well as legal, administrative, and ethical matters. As well, the Association publishes the International Journal of Forensic Mental Health.
Click here for our bylaws.
2023 Annual General Meeting
To read our latest minutes from the Annual General Meeting, click here.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2023-2024